The truth is, I am not a party girl. I'm not into the whole "club scene" as other people are. I may talk about partying a lot, but I prefer being in the company of good friends. I'd rather go hiking in the woods, up and down hills, walk through a meadow than get smashed out of my mind. I enjoy going downtown once in a while. I enjoy spending time with people I don't see often while dancing to some really good music with a drink in hand.
I'm still trying to set my life straight. My lack of motivation has bruised my post secondary transcript and significantly brought down my GPA. I just realized I failed my quantitative methods midterm by 0.08% - and that still isn't enough of a wake up call. Honestly, I've always had a thing for science. I feel like I've cheated on science with business. This further reiterates that cheating (in any form) is no good.
I don't like being pulled or pushed into different directions. I'd like to figure where it is I'd like to be without any influence. I want autonomy. I crave independence, but I know it's not financially feasible at the moment. Right now, I'm sleeping in the bed I've made. I don't think I've ever wanted to wake up so badly. I'd go to the nearest Ikea and buy myself a new bed. It's too bad life isn't that simple.
One year left until graduation and then it's off to a BSc followed by an OD. Being able to have a family and time to spend with my family is more important to me than making that extra $300, 000.00 per year. That is why I've decided opthamology is not for me.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Self reflections are a must once in a while.
Étiquette
word vomit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment