Sunday, August 9, 2009

Grandmothers.

Today, while driving home, I realized how much I really love my Lola. She is the last grandparent I have here on earth. I've only every known two of my grandparents, one of whom passed away several years ago, and I love both of them very deeply.

I want to travel back to the Philippines just to spend time with my Lola Lourdes. I miss her a lot and I don't know how much time she has left here (knock on wood!). I'd also like to spend some time at Inay's resting place since I never made it to her funeral. Let's put it this way: If I had to choose between France and traveling to the Philippines just to spend time with my grandmother(s), I'd forgo France in a heartbeat.

I sometimes feel as if I've loved my grandparents more than my own parents and I don't know why. I hope that someday, my children will be able to love my parents more than I ever have and make them happy in the ways that I never did.


No comments:

Post a Comment