We are always blind in the beginning. You were no good for me but you were so good to me. You were the unbecoming cigarette in my hand and yet, I was addicted. I fought so hard to be with you like you were going out of style. The day my supply ran out, as difficult as it was, I was forced to live without you - the way it should have been since February. Quitting you cold turkey was difficult, but now I know it was for the best. I was never truly myself because I somehow felt like I couldn't be. That if I didn't I fit into your mould, I would be no good. When I no longer felt the pressure to be someone I'm not, I began to redefine myself and break myself from the mould after trying so hard to conform to it.
I'm different now. And in a better place. So, I just wanted to take this time to say, thank you.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
You seem to really have had a hold on me.
Étiquette
analogies,
anonymous letters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment