Monday, August 24, 2009

A promise to work harder, be wiser and to never strive for less than best.

Motivation is hard to keep. I've gone through this before, and I always say I'll change my ways, but every single time, nothing changes. Always searching for an excuse to excuse myself from studying. It occurs every night before the day of an exam. Excessive coffee. Scarcity of sleep. When that paper is staring me in the face, my heart palpitates it might as well exit my chest. That's when I plan to change but slacking is too enticing an idea. Procrastination begins to take hold and I'm right back where I started.

This time, I know it will be okay. God always takes care of me as long as I am willing to take care of myself. Once this week is over, rest will come. When that week of rest has reached the end, I will make the changes I've longed for for so long will come to fruition. I've changed so much this past year, this habit is no exception to that rule.

People are like rivers. Always flowing. When faced with an obstacle, we overcome and seek a new path or direction. And we are always changing. You can never step in the same water twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment