Sunday, August 16, 2009

The reckoner hits.

Doing bad things creates a heavy conscience. After coming clean to several people, I've come to realize that I did what I did because, although it doesn't make me feel any better about myself, I feel like it's my own sick and twisted way of getting back at the world.

Impossible seems to be the appropriate word when describing the chances of pleasing everyone. One person always ends up being disappointed even though you've done the best you could. I learned this the hard way last night. It's still eating at me. I feel like such a jerk. I am a jerk. And I apologize for it.

I'm sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, before anyone else can forgive us we have to forgive ourselves first. It's not always easy to do, is it? I've been there many times, so trust me you're not alone.

    Go easy on yourself okay? For whatever hurt you may have caused yesterday try to do twice as much good tomorrow. Each sunrise brings with it another chance to get things right. You can't fault yourself if you keep trying and your intentions are in the right place.

    I just stumbled across your blog and so far I get a really good feeling from it. I like your honesty, it's painful sometimes but it's real. I think I'll stick around and read more.

    Barry
    (also from Toronto!)

    PS: God, I love the song that's playing! :)

    ReplyDelete