Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I used to hate to see you gone but this time it's different. I don't even feel the distance.

In light of recent events, I might not be able to go to the beach. I can feel my heart breaking. Instead, we're probably going to head over to Washington. I've seen Washington a million bazillion times. There's nothing new for me to discover there... unless I search for The Templar's Treasure like a nerd. If I do end up going, I'll probably read Abraham Lincoln's speech. I didn't care for it much the last time I read it because I was forced and was too young to grasp the importance of it. Anyway, I just realized that this is my first visit to the good ol` U.S. of A. since Obama became president.

This morning we went to the pool. I managed to catch some sun and I no longer look pale and sick.

I reread over my last entry. I take back what I said about my forty day mourning period. You can't set a due date for mending a broken heart. Sure, it doesn't hurt as much, but every memory is like a minor setback. Whatever. I refuse to settle for second best and I refuse to be another option. It was bad enough the first time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment