I'm stranded at the bus station waiting for a bus to come. It's late and dark outside. The bus finally arrives and I hop on. Instead of going home like a normal person, I take the bus to Goodwill because in my dream, they're open 24/7. I'm browsing around looking at peoples' unwanted clothes. I end up purchasing a vintage Chanel bag for $10. After purchasing the bag, I continue looking around.
In the middle of a pile of clothes, I find a really big, old looking book. I open it and start reading what's written on the pages. Upon reading the first several pages, I find that it's no ordinary book, it's his book. The pages are filled with love letters and sweet messages. I close the book and begin crying knowing that none of those words were meant for me as they once were. I place the book back down and walk away.
As I'm walking away, I bump into the girl who's meant to read those pages. As much as it hurts, I lead her to the book - after all, it's meant for her. Pat was sleeping at Goodwill that night and ripped a page out of the book, but the rest of the book seemed to be intact. After placing the book in her hands, I wake up.
Upset, I fall back asleep.
I'm at school pressing my ear against the wall listening to one of my former TA's talking to the professor. The conversations being held by the others in the room make it difficult to hear. Several minutes later, my former TA walks into the room surprised to see me. I sit down on the sofa and ask him how he's doing. He sits beside me and we begin touching upon random topics of conversation.
I look over my shoulder to find that we're in a place that looks like the Grand Canyon and the sofa we're sitting on is very close to the edge. He makes fun of me for being scared of falling until he looks over his shoulder and finds himself closer to the edge than I am. He stops laughing and instead, moves the couch further away from the ledge.
In the distance, there's a rock that looks like a giant hand extending past the ledge overlooking a breath taking view of the canyon and the river that runs between the crevice. People called that rock "God's Hand" because even though a fall from the rock would prove fatal to anyone, no one would fall because "God will hold you safely in the palm of his hand." I thought it was interesting.

My former TA and I begin walking around campus (I don't know how we ended up back at school). To my surprise we're walking arm in arm and holding hands. The sun was shining and the sky was a bright blue, and I felt a little happier than I've been in days. He drops me off at Accolade East where Sarah's been waiting for me.
She tells me to get dressed for the Beauties of Asia 2009 pageant. She had a dress for me waiting in the washroom, but decides that we should probably eat first. We walk to the Tim Horton's in Williams Small and a creepy old guy begins complementing one of the people we were with telling him he should become a model. "Don't flatter yourself," Sarah says to him, "he says that to everyone."
I go to the washroom, but I can't find the dress. Instead, I find a little laboratory and begin mixing different compounds to make my own perfume. I can't smell anything, but I continue mixing anyway.
Fin.

No comments:
Post a Comment