Tuesday, May 26, 2009

See, alone we stand, together we fall apart. Yeah, I think I'll be alright.

Yesterday, my soul felt good for the first time in a long time. Hours earlier I was caught in a whirlwind of emotions. Anger. Hope. Jealousy. Joy. Regret. Love. I cried. I laughed. I remembered. When the sun shone through my window, a calm came over me. For seconds at a time, I was at peace with myself. Although the contentment comes and goes, I'm beginning to see clearly and my wounds have begun to heal.

When I smiled, my heart smiled with me and for whatever reason, at that precise moment in time, I was truly happy.

CLICK: Another Unkept Secret
As much as the memories agonize me, it was nice to smile for a change while recalling them last night. Yes, they still pain me. Yes, I still think of you often. Yes, I still miss you. And yes, I will move on. Eventually. I just want to hold on to the memories a little longer until it the hurt subsides.

No comments:

Post a Comment